Unanswered: Use Combo Box to Add New Record?

I just spent the last hour trying to research this particular issue, but can't find anything that helps with my particular issue. Question #1: What is a good resource to learn about Not In List procedures?

Question #2: I have a form based on a table called tblApplianceInventory. I have a Combo Box (called Combo24) that allows a user to look up/filter the form by Serial Number (tblApplianceInventory.SerialNumber). If the serial number entered in the combo box is not on the list, I want the form to go to a new record so the rest of the information can be entered.

Where I am really beating my head is that I am rebuilding a database from scratch and the previous database does exactly what I am trying to replicate, only THERE IS NO CODE! Talk about frustrating...I have searched everywhere on the original database form and can't figure out how the woman got the form to do this. There is no event procedure, code or expression listed at all. I tried researching online, but they all refer to message boxes, opening a new form or adding to the list. I just want it to jump to "new record" on the current form if it is not on the list.

Help?

It is an uncomonly question. Look at "DemoNILNewRecA2000.mdb"
    (attachment, zip). Open form and see.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I opened the attachment and entered something not in the combo list. I got a pop up stating "not in list!", but then I got a Run Time Error '2105'. Did I miss something? I may just have to forego this altogether and limit entries to the list. If it's not on the list, the system will notify them and they can add a new one. Maybe I'll slap a "add new" command button on there to make it more user friendly...

I opened the attachment and entered something not in the combo list. I got a pop up stating "not in list!", but then I got a Run Time Error '2105'. Did I miss something? I may just have to forego this altogether and limit entries to the list. If it's not on the list, the system will notify them and they can add a new one. Maybe I'll slap a "add new" command button on there to make it more user friendly...

I don't know what do you do, it works on my PC.