Post Unanswered: Microsoft Access queries help

can anybody help

i am trying to export the result of a query into a excel sheet. i want to this excel worksheet to update everytime i run a query , the query runs every 20 seconds

any help would be much appreciated because im a bout to pull my hair out

why not just link into the query instead of trying to export "every 20 seconds"? Then it's there anytime you ask for it, rather than wasting computer resources.
    Me.Geek = True

Quote Originally Posted by nckdryr View Post
    why not just link into the query instead of trying to export "every 20 seconds"? Then it's there anytime you ask for it, rather than wasting computer resources.
    thanks for your reply

problem is i have tried to do this but with no success is there any chance you could help me with linking it to an excel sheet

regards
    Mark

your description raises alot of questions: a query running every 20 seconds? seems very extreme.....

but one shouldn't have a problem automating an export; whether or not it is necessary or wise to do so every 20 seconds is a separate question....

are the results additive so that every 20 seconds there are more records - or does it overwrite??.....one would think that it would be alot more efficient to keep the data from the queries in an Access table - and then do the export to excel only upon demand.....

Quote Originally Posted by NTC View Post
    your description raises alot of questions: a query running every 20 seconds? seems very extreme.....

but one shouldn't have a problem automating an export; whether or not it is necessary or wise to do so every 20 seconds is a separate question....

are the results additive so that every 20 seconds there are more records - or does it overwrite??.....one would think that it would be alot more efficient to keep the data from the queries in an Access table - and then do the export to excel only upon demand.....
    Hi the results overite the previous excel values i might as well explain why the query runs every 20 sec , i am simulating a manufacturing workstation. A part is read into my database with a barcode scanner. The database runs a query every 20 secs to check which part is read in. This query is then exported into a excel sheet were it is then imported imported into labView

Here's an example of exporting: http://www.dbforums.com/6390529-post84.html
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)