Unanswered: Drop Down Event for Combo Box?

Does anyone know if there is a way to get an event to fire when a combo box is dropped down? Something like an API or something. I found some code that can determine if the combo box is dropped down but I need to "react" to when the combo box is dropped down.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

C

Provided Answers: 19
    What exactly are you trying to do when it drops down?
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

If the combo box is dropped down I need to make some other controls visible on the form. On GotFocus and OnEnter won't work because it doesn't guarantee that the combo box is dropped down.

C

Provided Answers: 19
    I think you're out of luck. I have to say I can't imagine what the logic would be here. Obviously if the cbo has dropped down you can't interact with other controls. Are these labels giving instructions? If you want, for example, textboxes to appear if a selection is made from the cbo you could use the AfterUpdate event.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

That's kind of what I want to do. Unfortunately, the AfterUpdate won't work. If you go into a combobox and just type the name from the list instead of picking it, the combo box will not actually drop down. I need to make the controls visible as soon as the combo is dropped down.

Looks like I might have to rethink my approach anyways. Thanks for the suggestion.

C

You can try (not sure how it will work)...

if me.mycbobox.dropdown = true then....
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

It's not that I need to check if it's dropped down but more like I need to sync the event. I've check around in API's and it looks like I'm screwed. Oh well, time to come up with another UI approach. Thanks for the attempts.

C