Question Unanswered: Linked Combo Boxes Refresh Issue

Hi,

I have an Access 2007 database for logging customer complaints for our product range. The user enters the information using a form/subform. I have a sub form to allow the user to record several products on one complaint.

The subform contains linked comboboxes. The first combobox is ProductClass e.g. Premium Line, Standard Line, Budget Line, the values come from a query. The second combo box is ProductCode which also shows the Description e.g PREM001| Premium Product 1, PREM002 |Premium Product 2, STAN001|Standard Product 1, BUDG001 Budget Product 1, etc. Again these values come from a query. I then have Description which is an unbound text box where I display the Description from the second combobox. This all works fine when the user adds the information.

The problem arises when the user opens the form to update an existing complaint. When the user moves between the products on the subform, the Description text box does not refresh and remains blank.

Can you tell me how to refresh the data every time the user moves between the records, my brain is frazzled trying to get round this problem!!

Thanks in advance.

You will probably want to use the form's On Current event to run the same code to update the data. The On Current event is triggered whenever a new record is displayed. This includes the first time the form is opened.

Thanks for the advice, that has worked a treat!