Lightbulb Unanswered: Access 2007 - what do you think?

Just would like to hear your opinions on Access 2007? Our company is planning an upgrade... I'm a beginner at Access compared to a lot of you at this forum, but none the less I'm a real expert at my company. I want to know if I will be able to continue with my automations using macros and VBA coding after the upgrade without having to spend a lot of time on some training course first....

(If this is the wrong forum for such wide discussions, please redirect me?)

Provided Answers: 6
    The glaring change with 2007 is the ribbon. No more "File, Edit..." menu structure. Macros are enhanced and VBA is unchanged. Other than struggling to find things at first, you should be fine. Somewhere I saw a link to MS site that would show you the ribbon equivalents of menu selections. I'll post it if I can find it. A lot of info here:

Microsoft Access tips: Converting to Access 2007
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    The glaring change with 2007 is the ribbon. No more "File, Edit..." menu structure. Macros are enhanced and VBA is unchanged. Other than struggling to find things at first, you should be fine. Somewhere I saw a link to MS site that would show you the ribbon equivalents of menu selections. I'll post it if I can find it. A lot of info here:

Microsoft Access tips: Converting to Access 2007
    Wow, Great link - Thanks Paul, I will have a good long look at this site!
    /Nenne

if you are a beginner then you should have less frustration because the UI changes are less fixed in your mind. Overall it is fine - and once one gets use to it - an improvement. But you should invest in a good textbook available at any big box book store or Amazon - whatever you buy be sure it specifically says it is for Access2007.