Question Unanswered: business intelligence using olap

hello m currently working on a project of business intelligence.Its my final year project. i m having a company database n i have 2 analyze it n generate queries by finding patterns and create a report.how should i start the project???? i have database in the form of excel sheets.i have integrated d database in sql server 2008. i want 2 use business intelligence studio(visual studio 2008) as a front end and sql server 2008 as backend. is it possible??? where shud i write queries??? how do i connect sql 2008 wid visual studio??? should i use d analysis project in visual studio??? plzz help...!!!1 thanx....
    sql2008

Provided Answers: 54
    Before you start on this project, you need to go to your faculty advisor and file a complaint. Whoever was responsible for teaching you to use English failed miserably.
    Quote Originally Posted by akkiqwert View Post
    how should i start the project????
    Follow what you've been taught in class. Look back through your notes and/or textbooks to see how they recommended dealing with problems that seem similar to this one. You need to use this project to demonstrate what you've learned in class, so taking a whole different approach would be a very, very bad idea.
    is it possible??? where shud i write queries???
    The task is certainly possible. You need to go back to your notes or text books to determine how and where you should write the queries because this project needs to demonstrate that you've learned the material in the classes that you've taken.
    how do i connect sql 2008 wid visual studio???
    Open a query and specify the name of the SQL 2008 server (include the instance name if necessary) in the "Connect to Server" dialog.
    should i use d analysis project in visual studio??? plzz help...!!!1 thanx....
    sql2008
    That depends on what your notes/textbooks tell you to use, but SSAS is where I'd start.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.