Unanswered: configure sql express 2005 to listen to tcp port

Hello,
    I am making silent installation for sql express 2005 using the following command

Code:
    SECURITYMODE=SQL DISABLENETWORKPROTOCOLS=0 SAPWD="****" ADDLOCAL=SQL_Engine,SQL_Data_Files,SQL_Replication,Client_Components,Connectivity,SDK
    I need to know is there a parameter or a command line utility to configure the service to list to port 7005 (see picture)

http://www.databasejournal.com/img/2...T_image002.jpg

- Also I need to create an alias using command line

Thanks

For listening to a specific port, you need to form a .REG merge file, or have a registry writing capabilities in your script. The keys to modify are:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\<instance_name>\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetL ib\Tcp\Enabled - set to 1
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\<instance_name>\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetL ib\Tcp\IPAll\TcpPort - set to your liking
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\<instance_name>\MSSQLServer\SuperSocketNetL ib\Tcp\IPAll\TcpDynamicPorts - set to your liking
    Last edited by rdjabarov; 03-09-10 at 18:04. Reason: added Dynamic Port property mod
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Many thanks

and Alias , can I use the same method ?

Alias is configured on the client that intends to connect to a specific server. It also has a registry footprint, but again, - on the client. In your case the client may also be the server itself, then you can apply the same concept there (I didn't check what the key is, but you may be able to find it).
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

yes I can find it , so aliases actually has no job other than saving connection user/pass/ip to specific server ?

many thanks