Unanswered: Display Images in Report

To All--

All I want to do is display images (small jpeg, around 150K each) on a report. I have the path to the file stored as strings in a table. I have followed the many examples of how to do this on the web. Sometimes it works and other times it won't. I end up getting the "You cancelled the previous operation" error. I can run the report one time and it works fine. Change nothing and then open the report again and get the error. It throws the error when assigning the file name and path to the Image control on the report.

Any ideas? It's driving me freakin crazy.

C

Might have figured it out myself. In case anyone is reading this is what I did...

I changed the assignment of the image path from:

Code:
    ImageControl.Picture = txtImagePath
    to

Code:
    ImageControl.Properties("Picture") = txtImagePath
    txtImagePath is just a textbox on the report with the (you guessed it!) path to the image.

Don't know why but it seems to work.

C

I read it with interest. Thanks for the post. If this turns out NOT to be a fix - plz post again. Depending on your version of Access - there can be a memory limit to the size of a report that images can definitely chew up if the report has lots of pages - or if the pictures require alot of bandwidth - - the symptoms you report are similar.

Provided Answers: 59
    over the years I have lots of problems with graphics causing memory leaks, I have my suspicions on using loits of images in an Access report. I think a single image in a report header, few images in group header and footers works. granted Access is nowhere near as leaky as some of the versions of Fireworks but I have my doubts as to how good its memory management is. so as a general rule I try to discourage images in reports or screens unless they are really needed rather than someone saying "that'd be nice".. usually I'd want them to justify why they need it, and often its "because it looks pretty".
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

There is generally few problems with low res images, however the large the image the more problematic it becomes. 150KB is slightly on the large size. You need to consider how big the image is on the report a 500 x 500 pixel is very roughly one quarter the size of the screen so it your image container is small then the image attributes can be reduced.

I attempt to get the images under 50KB but I don't always succeed. I have built a system that incorporates over 16,000 images accessed referentially, of course.

Simon