Unanswered: convert bmp jpg windows 7(64bit)

I have been using freeimage.dll to convert bmp to jpg with no problem. I have recently tested on a 64bit system and noticed that it no longer works error 53 (freeimage.dll not found)

I was just wondering if there might be a fail safe way to achieve the same outcome?

out on a limb
    Provided Answers: 59
    why not ask the authors of freeimage what to do
    you could try installing the dll in an appropriate location. whether thats in the same directory as the access app, of office dll's or some other location I dunno.

might be worth while trying to find out where microsoft recommned where you install such DLL's

its could be the DLL needs to be registered and so you may have to insatll the DLL to make sure any registry keys are properly set

it could be that the dll need to be visible in the GAC

but as to how thats relevant to MS Access beats me
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

As far as i can tell it is a known issue with the freeimage.dll ( FreeImage: Topic: Windows x64: Can it be done?) and doesn't appear to have an answer. The problem lies with the dll being compiled as a 32bit file (from what i can tell).

I guess i was more wondering if there was another way of converting images that someone here may use.
    I have found references to the system.draw that has been used to convert or GDI+ but I have not yet been able to implement either of these.

Photoshop elements should do the same not expensive but you still have to outlay some cash.

Hey friends I have recommended “ReaConverter”. I have great experience of working with ReaConverter. It does prove really very helpful for me while I have a bunch of images and I need to convert and resize all of them. With the help of Rea batch image Converter can convert them all at once.

batch image converter
    Last edited by Ryan Ron; 11-02-12 at 13:53.