Unanswered: Field or Control Navigation

In an Access database, when I close a pop-up window via a command button it returns to the field on the original form that triggered the pop-up window to open. What I would like to have happen is that when the pop-up closes, the focus is on a different field than the "triggering" field. I tried using "GotoControl" as part of an event procedure on the "closing" command button on the pop-up window. It bombed out. Can someone suggest the proper syntax to use?

Startrekker, are you out there? You're usually very helpful.

use .SetFocus

in the PopUps form's OnClose event put:

Forms!OtherFormName.ControlName.SetFocus

that other form of course must be open.....

Field or Control Navigation

NTC: Thank you for your suggestion. It both works and doesn't work and that is entirely my fault.

I failed to mention that there are actually 3 forms. The pop-up form (I'll call it Form C) is triggered to open from data being entered on Form B which is a subform on Form A.

The SetFocus procedure references Form B and then the Control Name. The system isn't recognizing the name of Form B. Is that because it's a subform of Form A? Does the syntax of the SetFocus procedure have to first reference Form A and then move to the subForm B and then the final desired Control?

the syntax for a control on a subform is different:

Forms!MainFormName.SubFormName.Form!ControlName.Se tFocus

Field or Control Navigation

Thanks NTC. Your suggestion works perfectly!