Unanswered: 'Not all variables bound' error

Hi,

I have written this dynamic script, it runs through all the shifts in a fiscal week and reloads the data'

However when I try to run it gives me an error:
    ORA-01008: not all variables bound

As far as I can see all my variables have been assigned. If anyone knows where I have gone worng your help would be much appreciated. Thank You.

code:

Code:
    DECLARE 

TYPE ty_shift_start IS TABLE OF VARCHAR2(18);
    l_partition VARCHAR2(50) := 'fis_wk_';
    l_spec_shift VARCHAR2(18) := '20100209 070000';
    l_fis_wk   VARCHAR2(6) := '201032';
    l_start_dt VARCHAR2(18);
    l_end_dt   VARCHAR2(18);
    l_sql_stmt VARCHAR2(32676);
    l_spec_load VARCHAR2(1) := 'Y';
    l_shift_start ty_shift_start;

BEGIN

l_partition := l_partition || l_fis_wk;

IF l_spec_load = 'N' THEN 

SELECT min(startdatetime)
    BULK COLLECT 
    INTO l_shift_start
    FROM wlos_owner.tbl_fiscal_calendar
    WHERE fiscalweek = l_fis_wk;

FOR x IN 1 .. l_shift_start.count
    LOOP
    l_start_dt := l_shift_start(x);
    l_end_dt := to_char(to_date(l_start_dt,'yyyymmdd hh24miss')+0.5,'yyyymmdd hh24miss');

l_sql_stmt := 'DELETE FROM wlos_owner.tbl_ct_step_by_shift WHERE SHIFT_DT = :l_spec_shift';
    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE l_sql_stmt;
    l_sql_stmt := 'EXEC wlos_owner.pkg_ctsuite.prc_get_custom_shift(:l_start_dt,:l_end_dt)'; 

COMMIT;
    END LOOP;

ELSE 

l_start_dt := l_spec_shift;
    l_end_dt := to_char(to_date(l_start_dt,'yyyymmdd hh24miss')+0.5,'yyyymmdd hh24miss');

l_sql_stmt := 'DELETE FROM wlos_owner.tbl_ct_step_by_shift WHERE SHIFT_DT = :l_start_dt';
    l_sql_stmt := 'EXEC wlos_owner.pkg_ctsuite.prc_get_custom_shift(:l_start_dt,:l_end_dt)'; 

END IF;
    END;

Provided Answers: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GerardMcL View Post
    As far as I can see all my variables have been assigned.
    Oh yeah? Where is that?

Apart from the fact that you don't need dynamic SQL in your code, you do not bind variables: it is done with the USING clause of EXECUTE IMMEDIATE. Check examples in the manual.
    Code:
    l_sql_stmt := 'DELETE FROM wlos_owner.tbl_ct_step_by_shift WHERE SHIFT_DT = :l_spec_shift';
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Quote Originally Posted by GerardMcL View Post
    Code:
    You are not assigning anything. As stated in PL/SQL User's Guide and Reference, available with other Oracle documentation e.g. online on http://tahiti.oracle.com/:
    The string can also contain placeholders, arbitrary names preceded by a colon, for bind arguments. In this case, you specify which PL/SQL variables correspond to the placeholders with the INTO, USING, and RETURNING INTO clauses.
    Variable names in dynamic string are not taken into account, only their position. So, correctly you shall call it
    Code:
    EXECUTE IMMEDIATE l_sql_stmt USING l_start_dt, l_end_dt;
    Additionally, EXEC is not valid PL/SQL statement, you have to use anonymous block (BEGIN <statement(s)> END;) instead.

Finally, the code you posted is static; there is no need to call it dynamically. So you should not use EXECUTE IMMEDIATE. If you have problems with missing grants, you shall grant them explicitly. Dynamic call is not the solution, it just moves the error from compile time to run time.

[Edit: typo]