Unanswered: query on configuration parameters

Hi Team - Could u please help me on below issue?

number of remote logins
    number of remote connections

The count in 'Run Value' is not showing the correct count/not getting updated, even after reboot of Sybase ASE Instance. Its always showing the count of "Config Value" (i.e the value i have configured for that Instance).

By this, I am not able to track the correct count, currently being used by Sybase ASE at a particular point of time. This is happending with above two config parameters.

Users gets error "Can't open a connection to site 'SYB_TEST' because there are no remote logins available. Rerun when there are fewer local users making remote accesses, or contact a user with System Administrator (SA) role"

Its always that users pointing the issue. I would like to have a mechanism where a dba would be alerted first when a threshold is being met, before users complain on this issue. Also, how do i estimate number of remote logins/remote connections needed for a sybase instance.

Also, "Run Value" is not getting updated even after reboot of Sybase ASE Instance. So i am unable to track the correct "Run Value" count.

Are there any sybase internal variables where i could get the correct run value for configuration parameters "number of remote logins" & "number of remote connections".

PS : Sybase ASE Version : 15.0.2/EBF 15651
    Last edited by Neevarp; 03-10-10 at 10:58.

To get the list of remote logins, you can run the following query

--------------------------------------------------
    set nocount on
    go
    use master
    go
    select distinct a.srvname,b.remoteusername
    from sysservers a, sysremotelogins b
    where a.srvid=b.remoteserverid
    go
    -------------------------------------------------

Hi, Apologies for delayed response. Thanks for the info. But, this is not working in my case.... This query is not returning any rows....

Any suggestions??