Unanswered: Insert text into a memo field

I am designing a quotation system where my user types a quotation for the customer into a memo field. I want to help the user by allowing them to add repetitive text into the memo field.

Basically, I will have some cmd buttons and when the user clicks one, text such as "thank you for your enquiry, please find quotation below" will be inserted into the memo field.

I want this text to be inserted into the memo field at the cursor point rather than the beginning or end etc.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how to do this?

Thanks
    Simon

Provided Answers: 19
    In the OnClick event of the appropriate button:

Code:
    If IsNull(Me.QuotationMemoField) Then
       Me.QuotationMemoField = "thank you for your enquiry, please find quotation below" 
    Else
      Me.QuotationMemoField = Me.QuotationMemoField & " thank you for your enquiry, please find quotation below"
    End If
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007

That is fine to add text at the beginning of the memofield or the end but is it possible to add this text in the middle of the memofield wherever the cursur currently is?

No. You'd have to add the text as you were entering data in the field in order to add it "in the middle." I've never seen or heard of this being done and have no idea how you would go about it. Perhaps someone more clever than I will come along.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

Thanks for the input

That's why we're here!
    Hope this helps!