Unanswered: Does DB2 support multiple authentications systems at a time?

Hi,
    I have DB2 v9.5 on Linux. I know DB2 supports multiple authentication systems like operating system authentications, LDAP, Kerbeos etc. But does it support multiple authentications at the same time?

I am working with Cognos analytic system which supports multiple authentication system at the time. User at first GUI window select witch authentication system he/she would like to be authenticated by like OS, LDAP etc and in the next window he/she enters userid/password. Then analytic system according to selected selected authentication mechanism authenticate user.

Why I need this? I have two types of applications. First are using operating system authentication and other are using LDAP authentication. But both applications would like to access the same data in the same database.

Is it possible to use two authentication systems: operating system and LDAP at the same time, each system used by one of the applications?
    Thanks

You could create your own security plugin to do this ...

AFAIK, you can have only one pre-defined authentication at a time
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

You could create your own security plugin to do this ...

AFAIK, you can have only one pre-defined authentication at a time
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Hi,
    because authentication is set on the instance level, I could probably do the following:
    1. Create first instance and set authentication to operating system. Create database inside this instance.
    2. Create second instance and set authentication to LDAP system. Create database inside this instance.
    3. Create federated access from one database to another and set federated authentication to no.

But I am looking for something simpler. Is there any simpler solution?
    Regards

I also think your best bet is to either roll your own security plugin, or to use some existing product that combines the different mechanisms and can be exploited by DB2.
    Knut Stolze
    IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator
    IBM Germany Research & Development