Do you know anyone who might be interested in this job?
Location – Western Michigan
Full Time / Direct position
Please take a look at this opportunity for the Data Warehouse/ BI Architect and email me your current resume in Word format if you are interested.
The Data Warehousing Programmer/BI Architect is responsible for architecture and maintenance of expanding Business Intelligence platform. The position leads design efforts associated with data warehouse construction and maintenance.
Candidate must be highly proficient in Microsoft SQL Analysis Services and date warehouse design using Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) language. This individual will provide guidance and design recommendations for front-end dashboards designed to display relevant data generated from financial and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. Information is presented to staff in a multi-dimensional 3-D drill down front-end interface product. Incumbent will work with front-end interface design application to model dashboards and also be responsible for construction of and changes to the back-end data warehouse and data cubes, based on SQL Sever Analysis Services.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Finance or equivalent experience required. Ideal candidate must have a minimum of six years experience in database design/architecture as well as, Microsoft T-SQL programming, with at least three years of that experience in developing solutions using Microsoft SQL Analysis Services and MDX programming. Business analysis background is crucial, including experience with financial and ERP systems. Design background and .NET Development are highly desirable.
SERIOUS CANDIDATES MUST POSSESS:
- 8 to 10 years or more of I.T. background
- At least 5+ years of Microstrategy experience (dashboards, reports, applications, etc...)
- Strong architectural background designing enterprise analytics and reporting solutions
- Deep, hands-on Microstrategy SDK development experience
- Several years of Data Warehousing background
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Bachelors degree
ADDITIONAL EXPERIENCE A PLUS:
- SQL Server 2005/ 2008 experience leveraging SSIS/ SSAS/ SSRS
- Retail systems experience.
- Java/ J2EE, WAS, WebSphere MQ background.