Unanswered: convert ms-sql to mysql

Hello,

I am making a web page with database (mysql).

I want to take some records from a database (ms-sql) which runs in a different server of my website and write them in mysql database of my website.

Do you know what have I to do so I could take the records of ms-sql database and write the in my mysql database?

I have found php scripts that connect to ms-sql database and after that you can make queries to the database but I don't know what to do next.

thanks in advance...
    Last edited by oldboy; 03-16-10 at 04:07.

If you google, you can find an OLEDB Provider for mysql. But if you already have SQL installed, why would you want to go with mysql? Like variety?
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Quote Originally Posted by thewebhosting View Post
    Hi,

You can use MS SQL to MySQL converter tool to migrate the database. You can Google for the best tool for your MS SQL and MySQL Compatible version.
    I did not find anything yet, but is it possible to run these tools in a web hosting system? For example i have my website in site5.com. How can i use this tools if the hosting company does not provide them?

Is it possible to do this job with a some kind of php script?

your best bet would be to install a copy of Mysql locally and do your conversion there. Then you can create a dump and just update what's at your hosting company with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by jeebustrain View Post
    your best bet would be to install a copy of Mysql locally and do your conversion there. Then you can create a dump and just update what's at your hosting company with that one.
    This is a good and simple idea. I did not think that solution. But after that I will have to update the database manually every week (for example).