Unanswered: Display Format in various monitors - How to?

I am trying to figure out how I can customize my access FORMS to fully utilize the display properties according to the monitor properties that it could be viewed upon.

For example, I build the FORMS on a laptop, not the largest of screens. But my whole file is open and shared with many, and there are various sizes of monitors that my file is viewed upon. But no matter which one, the display size of the FORMS stays the same. So on a large monitor, the FORM size does not enlarge according to the monitor size.

I kept capitalizing the word FORMS because I don't want to confuse the issue. I know that the access file opens according to the user monitors last settings, or however they commonly open the file. Yes, any program can be maximized to the monitor size. But the FORMS stay the same size.

Is there something that can help me with this?

I imagine there is stuff out there if you google. I wouldn't be surprised if Paul has written something for the codebank here either.

Rolling something yourself is very hard. It is easy to use windows APIs to read the resolution of the display and resize your forms, but you also then have to scale up all the controls and font sizes without screwing up your layout.
    Dealing with differing resolutions is reasonably well handled in web development with CSS and EMs but much more tricky in windows apps since you don't have access to these technologies and concepts.

Unless you can find some code, or have the time to roll something yourself, I would develop for the lowest resolution of your clients.

I think I already know the answer to my question and I don't think there is something that can help me with this. The width of monitors are not as various as the heights. So, the width of the forms doesn't look to bad or different on various monitors, but the heights can be quite varied, and I don't think one can make the form decide to not change the width specs, but change the heights. But still, I wonder if you know what I'm talking about and if you've experienced it before, and if there was some kind of solution you found.

There's an example in the code bank (ie. Form Manipulation) which auto-resizes the forms to fit the monitor. I personally rarely use it and just design all my forms to fit an 800x600 resolution.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Provided Answers: 8
    Quote Originally Posted by pkstormy View Post
    There's an example in the code bank (ie. Form Manipulation) which auto-resizes the forms to fit the monitor. I personally rarely use it and just design all my forms to fit an 800x600 resolution.
    same thats what I do

Have setup my work station to be the size of the smallest screen in the building
    hope this help

See clear as mud

StePhan McKillen
    the aim is store once, not store multiple times
    Remember... Optimize 'til you die!
    Progaming environment:
    Access based on my own environment: DAO3.6/A97/A2000/A2003/A2007/A2010
    VB based on my own environment: vb6 sp5
    ASP based on my own environment: 5.6
    VB-NET based on my own environment started 2007
    SQL-2005 based on my own environment started 2008
    MYLE
    YOUR PASSWORD IS JUST LIKE YOUR TOOTHBRUSH DON'T SHARE IT.

Provided Answers: 19
    As pootle flump said, this involves a lot of work to do yourself and is not something that should be attempted by anyone who doesn't have a ton of programming experience! And I'm not simply talking about developing databases. Fortunately, someone has already done the work for you! Go to this site and scroll down to the "Access Form Resizer" and download it. I've used it a number of times before without any problems, and best of all, it's FREE!

Jamie's Software - Image Database Software, Microsoft Access Freeware & MS Access Articles & Tutorials

As with all hacks of this sort, it works best when upsizing forms, so you should develop your forms in the lowest resolution you're likely to encounter, probably the 800x600 resolution mentioned by pk and myle.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007