MSSQL to MySQL sync

I have an application that uses MSSQL that needs to be synced to a MySQL server overnight. Fortunately, it's only a few tables and select fields that need to be synced, but it's still about 300,000 records and growing. I am looking for a tool for this that would allow the fastest processing time but be as resource friendly as possible.

I know I could write a script to initiate the selecting of the MSSQL data and inserting it into the MySQL db but I was hoping there was something out there professionally made. I am also not sure if that would be the most resource friendly route.

Thanks!

EDIT: I just wanted to note, I do not have any control over the MSSQL server or database. I have only been given a username with read only permissions to the database. My ability to execute anything on the server outside of basic SELECT queries is crippled. Once I get the data to MySQL I am free to manipulate it as needed.
    Last edited by Eiolon; 03-17-10 at 18:54.

SQL Server replication is the obvious answer for "fast, light, and easy" on both servers, but that implies getting administrative access to the MSSQL server.

If you can't get admin access to the MS-SQL Server, then I'd use BCP to create a text file from the source tables in MS-SQL. Create a staging area in MySQL with two generations of the MS-SQL data. Compare the two copies in the staging area and use the results of that comparison to maintain your MySQL working tables. Uglier than the south side of me heading north, but it would get the job done with the least possible effort and reasonable storage.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiolon View Post
    .... I am looking for a tool for this that would allow the fastest processing time but be as resource friendly as possible.

Hye,
    You can use a tool called Columbo, by Nob Hill software.
    Nob Hill Software- Tools for Database People

Quote Originally Posted by Itamar View Post
    Hye,
    You can use a tool called Columbo, by Nob Hill software.
    Do you work for this company?

based on their sig, I'd venture a yes.