Unanswered: Major Password Issue

Hi,

I apologise in advance if i am posting this in the wrong place but i am extremely anxious to get some help.

I just completed the design of a database with everything working fine and how i wanted it to. I then decided that i wanted user level security on it. I made a copy of the database to use as a back up just in case anything went wrong. I created the user level security and it didnt work properly in that it wouldnt even let me enter a password and just told me that i didnt have the right permissions. Never mind, i thought, i have my back up database. But i access this database and its now password protected. I try the password i created and it doesnt work. Not only this but EVERY database that i have can no longer be accessed because it requires a password that i dont seem to have. What have i done and can i fix it.

Thank you for you time.

and this is why User Level Security is dropped from Access2007; I avoided it, hopefully someone versed will reply - but otherwise put a post at the MS user forum where there is a security section - or at UtterAccess.com which is an excellent forum. In the interim you should be able to copy that db over to another PC and open it ok.

Maybe this example will help: http://www.dbforums.com/6332819-post68.html
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

You 'may' need to open the mdb's using the parameter to the mdw file that was created when you implemented security (and the mdw is saved somewhere on your c: drive). You would create a shortcut that is something like (I can't recall exactly...)

C:\program files\office11\MSAccess.exe C:\MyDblocation\mydb.mdb /c:\mymdwlocation\mymdwfile.mdw

something like that. I can't recall the exact syntax but you can search for the correct syntax. Notice that it references the mdw file that was created when you established MSAccess security. Then when you use the shortcut, it utilizes the mdw for the security you already established.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

in the end the reason it screwed up seemed to be because i put a password on all of access meaning i couldn't open any of my databases. The security protected one still doesnt open but at least I have my back up.

Thank you for all your help and suggestions.

Password problem

When you use user security level, you modified your locat mdw file, so any access database you open looks at this mdw security group. You must browse to C:\Documents and Settings\youraccount\Application Data\Microsoft\Access there you'll find the system.mdw rename the existing system.mdw to old. Open access again. This should recreate the security mdw with default security.