Unanswered: Date Formatting Issues

Hello,

I have a spreadsheet that i download which contains a field that is in German time. I ran a macro that inserts columns and such and by formulas and formatting, converts it to Central time. As a result, the date field that I am actually pasting into Access is a formula off of a formula.

The related field in Access is formatted to Short Date, with the Short Date input mask. However, when I paste it in from the spreadsheet, it disregards the input mask! I see, because of the way the field is formatted, only the date, but when I click on a field I see it contains the time as well....and my queries don't run off of this.

Any ideas on how to make this work?

Thanks!

Sounds like you need a better understanding of how Access stores Dates and Times. (Hint: they're stored together )

When you're referring to your "queries" just be sure to use the Format() function to get the Date/Time to look like a date only. Or alternatively, I think you can use the Date() function to extract just the date at the query level.

Cheers!
    Me.Geek = True

I found a solution, what I did is changed my excel macro to pull the date info from a different cell with different criteria, thus giing me only the date. The reason my queries weren't pulling is they were looking for the date at midnight, not the date plus the time. The queries worked when I put in a 2 day range instead of just one, but that wasn't what I wanted.

Thanks for your input!