Unhappy Unanswered: Need help w/ Paradox 11

Okay. I have never done this before so here goes.

I am not an expert programmer or an expert in Paradox 11, but the company I have worked for 10 years now has used Paradox since I started w/ them (and before). When I run my monthly reports in Paradox 11, I just punch in some numbers and letters and up pop my reports. I had no idea where this info came from, it just generated my reports and everything was great. Now I know that the reports generate from tables. And every time I set up a file, it automatically puts info into these tables that my reports come from. Now if there is a discrepancy, I can go into my files and look for what might be throwing my totals off and such. But I didn't know until my incident that the reports came from tables.

I have somehow deleted the data from some of these tables!!! The actual table is still there, but the data that was in them is GONE!!! My reports are not pulling up correctly or at all and I am really stuck. I think I did it when I was trying to run some queries and was not paying attention and hit "okay" when it said "do you want to clear all fields" or something like that. I didn't notice it said that or I would have said "cancel"!

Please tell me there is a way I can get this data back! OR is there anyway I can re-generate the table, like tell it to replace the data, or re-compile? Or if just the data is deleted, and not the table, then would it be in Recycle Bin or anything? I've looked but I can't tell and don't want to mess with anything if that's not what I'm looking for.

Again, I didn't delete the tables...they are still there with the headings (file number, date of loss, claimant name, etc) just all that data that was there is now gone.

Thank you so much in advance for your help

only two possible ways out of this.. one, of course, is backups.. the other is if the data you see is in temp tables (i.e. March data only), and that there are master tables being fed from the temp tables..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too

Yes, of course, I had been putting off backing up my computer, so I don't have that (I am really kicking myself for that stupid lesson learned the hard way) I don't quite understand what you mean by temp tables and master tables, but every month new info is (was) added to this table.

This is Paradox 11 on a new computer. I had just upgraded to this system from Paradox 7 and an ancient Windows 95 computer. So I DO have the old computer still and the tables w/ all the info in it up to 6 months ago when we switched systems. So my next question is can I just move the information from my old computer/table to my new computer/table and just enter the last 6 months of info on the table? Or I could just type it all manually...do you think the report would still pull up right?

OR another option, I think, maybe I should just create a new table (with same info that I wiped out) and a new report (with same info that I wiped out)?

What do you think?

THANK YOU SOOO VERY MUCH FOR YOUR EXPERTISE

> So my next question is can I just move the information from my old computer/table to my new computer/table ?

most likely, you can move ALL the data files, start from that point, and sequentially re-add everything one day/week at a time.. under the circumstances, you seem to have nothing to lose, if you do that..

I recommend against any of the other suggestions you made, because you don't have the knowledge of the system to try them..
    --
    Steven Green - Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

http://www.OasisTradingPost.com

Oasis Trading Post
    - Collectibles and Memorabilia
    - Vintage Lego Sets and Supplies
    - and Paradox Support, too