Unanswered: Anyone know where i can find esql/c 2.10 for isql (dos)?

In the year 1989, I developed a pawnshop management system for one of my customers with INFORMIX-SQL version 2.10.06E for MS-DOS 5.0.

Within the last 10 years, I have tried to persuade my customer to migrate this application to the UNIX environment, but he insists on staying with MS-DOS, unless I can migrate it to Windows, so I currently have this app running in MS-DOS 6.22, within Microsoft Virtual PC 2007, under Windows Vista SP1.
    (visit Frank Computer - Home for a video-demo of this app)

I would like to re-write this app with INFORMIX-4GL, or even upgrade it to INFORMIX-SQL 7.32, but these are only available for UNIX. I have looked at Querix, 4Js, Aubit, Access, VFP and several other DB's but my cust is so acustomed to the character-based perform screens and menu system that he will only accept the perform-style interface.

So, now I need to add some customized functionality which requires ESQL/C version 2.10 for MS-DOS and I can't find it!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Hi,

That is realy an old version... i have I-SQL for 4.10 version for unix, not DOS... I don't think that will be easy... why you dont migrate if that is important... You can use also Unix/Linux installed on VM for Windows... and if you have the app written in I-4GL you don't need to re-write, you only need to see if it works ok on V. 7.32 continuing having the same interface.

dont want UNIX-variants (too slow native, even slower under VM).. many users here in Puerto Rico dont like/understand UNIX-variants, they stick with DOS or upgrade to Windows. DOS has small footprint, fast, doesnt crash or freeze, used when only one dedicated, single-user, single-tasking.. small mom-n-pop businesses. So UNIX-variant is out and i4GL/ISQL not available for Windows. IBM is missing the boat by not offering a low-end version of I4GL/ISQL development tool for Windows!

Hi... that is not my opinion at all. If you don't understand you can not judge... I only tell you to use VM becouse i think your client wants to run onother OS on that machine, but if you want to put Linux as SO base go ahead.
    I´m sorry telling you this, but you is the one who is missing the boat.

@Luis Santos

Well, reality is that most users here in Puerto Rico prefer MS-DOS/Windows over UNIX-variants. In the early 1990's, those who dared experiment with variants like SCO and others were left with a bad taste in their mouths because of perofrmance, bugs problems and high cost/low supply of techs like me who knew how to troubleshoot/program in these environments. ( I go as far back as UNIX SYS III 1982, ALTOS XENIX, SCO/386, SYS V, AMDAHL UTS, LINUX, AIX, etc.) and had my share of headaches!.. So users here dont want to hear about LINUX, UNIX or any other variant, even if its open source!.. WINDOWS RULES!