Unanswered: Access database: detail on form not showing

I have a form with a subform attached to it. When the form is opened, the subform shows the background color of the subform but nothing of the detail (fields, command buttons, etc) There is a combo box on the main form where users select the item they're searching for. Only when the user clicks on the item does the detail show up on the subform.

In a slightly older version of the same database, this form works perfectly. When the form is opened, you can see detail in the subform section. I imported this one into the current database and the same thing happened - the detail in the subform is not showing. I've compared the properties of these forms and I don't see any differences.

There must be something I've missed. Anyone have any ideas?

Provided Answers: 14
    The criteria applied to the recordsource of the subform does not return any data set: the subform has nothing to display (RecourdCount = 0).
    Have a nice day!

Also, if there's buttons you want to show on the subform (regardless if the recordcount = 0 as Sinndho is correct on), you can put those buttons in the form's header section versus the detail section.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Provided Answers: 14
    Interesting, I did not know that. Thanks for the info pkstormy!
    Have a nice day!