Unanswered: the next step - more overview questions
WindowsXP, mysql server 5.1
I just completed loading 20 tables with no errors, etc. and "debugging" my batch commands. No big deal really for the sighted...but for the blind, well it's pretty cool.
So, I'm really wanting to ask advice about:
a) where to look for info on potential helper applications and plug-ins,
- what, if anything, do most of you use?
b) the file system
- my directory lists:
1) \bin - How do I get it to scroll by page? What section of the documentation do I need to go to for that?
2) \Docs - is the changelog pertinent at this point (remember I'm blind)?
3) \lib - is the .pdb file applicable now?
4) Where are the tables and data located by default? Or did I simply establish a link to them? I TOLD you I'm blind...
what's next...I'm itching to begin querying for some needed data but I'M not sure where to go to get basic stuff like....duplicate reduction processes.
I really need more overview help. Is there a publication someone might suggest?
Sorry for the excessively broad questions. The trail is too steep to refuse to ask directions AND neglect maps, milestones, and benchmarks.
i use HeidiSQL (heidisql.com) but i have no idea how useful you will find it
can't help you with the file system, my own philosophy is not to mess with system internals, and that would include attempting to view tables and data directly in the files (as opposed to running SELECT queries and having the data presented to me)
good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions