Unanswered: Federation from DB2 9.7 LUW to Oracle 11g R1

Hi,

We have a requirement to federate from DB2 9.7 LUW to Oracle 11g R1. The only product that I see on IBM site is IBM InfoSphere Federation Server (IFS) 9.7. As it turns out very often I license is too costly. Is there any other product other than IFS or a lighter version with only Oracle Wrappers etc?

I have seen some articles which talk about IBM Information Integrator, which I think was the name used for DB2 8.1 LUW. And some articles talk about DB2 Relational Connect, which I think was the name used for DB2 7.2 LUW. Am I right?

Any info regarding this will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Read this: Federation of Oracle Data in DB2 | db2ude ? This is it, as far as I know.

Thanks!

But this is exactly the blog which confused me. This blog talks about Relational Connectors and on the IBM Site I am unable to find it. :-(

Suresh

Those are older names ... As you may know, IBM keeps changing the name of products for every release (sometimeseven point releases ;-) )
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.