Unanswered: MQT Refresh Deferred Automated

Hello,

I have created MQT on DB2 AIX. I have used the option refresh deffered. And each time when I issue refresh table command the table is refreshed. But I need to know ..How can I automate this refresh? as the users are asking?

I have tried refresh immediate option but the MQT is not getting created as we used Left out join of Many tables (nearly 40 tables) in the sql query. I need to use Inner joins to use Immediate refresh..which is little hard to rewrite the query again..

Please help me with this to use refresh deferred option or any other best apporach to refresh the table in regular intervals..I need this process to get automated is there any option in DB2?

Please provide me any material/manuals.

Thanks in Advance.

DB2 version 9.5

OS version AIX 5.3

Why not create a cron job to refesh the MQT at periodic interval?
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Thanks Satya!

I am thinking of creating the cronjob..but I just want to know is there any other automated process in db2 itself to make this run at regular intervals..

Please let me know if we have anything like that in db2..

Thanks much for your support!

Provided Answers: 5
    haven't tried, but what about trigger on the 40 tables you are outer joined to? That way if there is a change that neccessitates the refresh, then it is triggered.
    Dave

according to this page, it is not possible to include REFRESH statement in a trigger

IBM DB2 9.7 for Linux, UNIX and Windows Information Center
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

BTW, if you have a trigger call a stored proc , the statements/operations not supported by a trigger cannot be used in the proc.

hth

sathyaram