Exclamation Unanswered: MSDAORA For Linked Server Connection Problem

Hello Everyone:

I have two MS servers running SQL. One is a 2003 Server with MSSQL2K and the other is a 2008 Server with MSSQL2005.
    I am in the process of decommission the 2003 sever. I had no problem moving all the SQL databases, jobs, etc. to the new server with the exception of the Oracle linked server.
    I installed in the new 2008 server the client providers from Oracle (just like I did in the 2003 server) and I copy all the TNSNAME.ORA, sqlnet.ORA, and the ldap.ORA from the old server to the new server. I can tnsping the oracle server and connect via SQL Plus without a problem from the new 2008 server, but when I try to recreate the server linked on SQL 2005 I get the following error:

Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "ORACLE".
    OLE DB provider "MSDAORA" for linked server "ORACLE" returned message "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified
    ". (.Net SqlClient Data Provider)

In the linked server properties under Server Options, I checked TRUE for all options (specially Rpc amd Rpc Out) just like I have them configured at the SQL2K.
    I checked the registry for the correct Oracle entries and all looks fine (oci.dll, SQLLib80.dll, xa80.dll).

Apparently, the tnsping and the SQL Plus can solved the connect identifies specified without a problem but under the SQL Server Linked Server for some reason does not.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Thank you for your help.

SAN1901
    Last edited by san1901; 03-23-10 at 11:36.

Is OS 64-bit? Is SQL 64 or 32-bit?
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Quote Originally Posted by rdjabarov View Post
    Is OS 64-bit? Is SQL 64 or 32-bit?
    OS is 64-bit and SQL is 32-bit.

That's the problem. The engine and OS must be of the same bit edition.
    "The data in a record depends on the Key to the record, the Whole Key, and
    nothing but the Key, so help me Codd."

Thank you.