Locked in side a tiny room with a keyboard and many monitors glowing away in the dark...

Unanswered: Recover / Repair Access db

Ok, we have an Access 2000 or 97 db that will not open. And we have just upgraded to Office 2007 (ok, no laughing....). It will open to the main form for the application, but nothing after that. We get no errors of any kind, nothing that lets us know that there is an issue other then it doen't work. We also don't have anyone that works with Access, we are a SQL shop now.

How can this be repaired or recovered inside Access 2007. We have tried the Compact and Repair feature but that does not seem to work.

Working in the dark. I haven't found anything on line that seems to help.
    Torchwood
    "understand, in a sick and twisted sort of way?"

Provided Answers: 1
    Have you tried importing tables, forms, etc from the old database into a new 2007 database (from the 2007 database). I had a bitch of a time with conflicts between Access 2000 and Access 2003. Access 2000 to 2007! My prayers are with you!

J Smith

Locked in side a tiny room with a keyboard and many monitors glowing away in the dark...
    First off "THANK YOU" for responding! Yes I did do that. What I have found out is that NONE of the code came across, so now I'm moving code table by table. But am having issues with finding the macros.
    Torchwood

Provided Answers: 1
    While doing volunteer work for a small charity, I remember, in particular, doing queries in Access 2000 for Access 2003 (the Charity had Access 2003, and I Access 2000), and having to recreate the queries in the Charity's Access 2003 application itself (the query code was distorted when placed into the Access 2003 application). Wouldn't be surprised if you run into similar problems with macros! Since the charity will need to upgrade one day, I would be interested in hearing how you resolve the problem.

John S
    (currently)
    Guangxi University
    Nanning, China

Still keeping fingers, toes, eyes, hair, etc. crossed it seems to be working with one exception. And not exactly sure how it's working, but hey if my end users are happy.....right.

I had several copies of the .mdb, opened a new db and imported it into Access 2007, when I got a copy that held the VB code. I went through the tables to make sure the data was up to date, copied and pasted what was missing.

I just had a few testers come by and said it worked like a charm!! Now I just have to get it to pop open to the main screen, but other then that....

Torchwood
    (aka Karen)
    Torchwood