Unanswered: Update DB2 client 8.23 to 9.7.1

Hello,
    I'm trying to update IBM DB2 Client from version 8.23 to 9.7.1 on all the PC's in our company. We have Windows XP as OS. When I run setup.exe I get an error message "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator". We have group Policies that disabled the Registry and I don't want to enable it to the users. Is their any way to run setup.exe by bypassing the error message?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hlepine View Post
    Hello,
    I'm trying to update IBM DB2 Client from version 8.23 to 9.7.1 on all the PC's in our company. We have Windows XP as OS. When I run setup.exe I get an error message "Registry editing has been disabled by your administrator". We have group Policies that disabled the Registry and I don't want to enable it to the users. Is their any way to run setup.exe by bypassing the error message?
    Thanks
    I didn't think that there are very many software packages that can be installed without updating the Windows registry.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

Of course most of the applications will right some entries in the registry. We only blocked the access to the registry because we don't want the users to modify something. But it should not prevent any installation to write in the registry table. What I meant is "I want to bypass the error message so I can complete my installation". I know that there is a way to by pass it but I cannot find it.
    Thanks