Database normalization

I'm storing tourist attractions in a database. Each attraction has the following:

AttractionID
    Name
    Latitude
    Longitude
    Country
    Info
    Picture
    PictureHeight
    PictureWidth

How could I normalise this database?

Currently I have a PictureTable, LocationTable, NameTable, and InfoTable. However, the primary key in each of these tables is the AttractionID, and I know this is wrong.

Help please?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
    How could I normalise this database?
    only the picture width and height are wrong, as they depend on the picture and not on the attraction

so a separate picture table is warranted, and the primary key would be a unique identifier for each picture, with a foreign key in the attractions table

your other tables (LocationTable, NameTable, and InfoTable) are not necessary
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Quote Originally Posted by r937 View Post
    only the picture width and height are wrong, as they depend on the picture and not on the attraction

so a separate picture table is warranted, and the primary key would be a unique identifier for each picture, with a foreign key in the attractions table

your other tables (LocationTable, NameTable, and InfoTable) are not necessary
    Thankyou.

Some attractions are in the same country though. Would this mean I need a seperate 'Country' table, with CountryID, which is a foreign key in the AttractionsTable?

Quote Originally Posted by pistonhead View Post
    Would this mean I need a seperate 'Country' table, with CountryID, which is a foreign key in the AttractionsTable?
    no it wouldn't

have you ever seen an employees table, with firstname and lastname columns?

just because two employees have 'John" as firstname, doesn't mean you automatically need to pull firstname out of the employees table and set up a foreign key to a "firstnames" table

normalization means does each non-key attribute fully depend on the entire primary key

so if i give you the value of an attractionid, can you unambiguously pull out the value of the country for that particular attraction? yes
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

Not for normalisation.