Unanswered: Excel to Access Question

My constituents have a report that they download from the internet into excel. There are columns that they don't need and end up having to format extensively. I then take the formatted excel sheet and open up the table and paste append approx. 200 records into the table.

I am working on a form to enter the data, but frankly I am at a loss. My users want to take the report they download and paste it into the form and let the database filter out the details.

Right now I have a form, the user needs to enter the date, then I have a subform that writes to a table with the data, I want my subform to look more like the datasheet view so they can do one copy and paste.

I am not sure if I am going about this the right way at all.

What is the communities thoughts about this?
    Last edited by Marsbars; 03-25-10 at 13:35. Reason: The thread subject won't change, please forgive my misspelling of excelllllll.
    Life - sexually transmitted, always fatal.

My beer drunken soul is sadder than all the dead christmas trees in the world.

Provided Answers: 1
    Do you have control over this internet source? Maybe you can work the problem a bit higher up the food chain.

If not, I'd opt for a custom "Import Worksheet" function that would give them a filedialog to tell you where the workbook is and then handle the import behind the scenes. Once imported, you can show them the result in your subform. Cuts down on user error and you can eliminate the formatting step by handling it for them during import. If the formatting step is intensive and you have a lot of users, this could be a key consideration.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

I don't have control over the internet source.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly when you say "import worksheet" do you mean "import table" or "link worksheet" or something else?

How would I go about customizing the import/link?
    Life - sexually transmitted, always fatal.

My beer drunken soul is sadder than all the dead christmas trees in the world.