Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VBA code required to overcome Telstra throttling issue

Wise counsel sought please! Telstra restricts the number of emails sent from packages such as outlook to overcome spammers ... that's all well and good but if you are not a spammer and you need to send large number of email for business purposes there must be a way around. I am thinking to add a VBA code with a pause to send out batches - say 10 at a time, pause and repeat until all sent. Am I barking up the wrong tree or is this the solution? If so, can anyone assist? I haven't played with VBA for a long time. Steve

A far simpler solution would be to just call Telsra tech support and explain your problem. They can certainly help you better than random advice from the Internet, and can give you a long term supportable solution.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thanks PatP but we have already gone down that track on a number of attempts. So far Telstra support has been as useful as a hip pocket in a singlet.

The problem is that this is borderline "offensive behavior" on the Internet. You might have a good reason for doing this, but there are two problems. First, I'm SO annoyed with spammers as a class that I'm not willing to chance helping one, so unless I knew you well enough to be certain that you would behave yourself I'm not willing to hand you a "loaded weapon" for spamming. More importantly, even if I was comfortable helping you to work around this problem I would never post that help in a public place where any spammer could access it.

There are work-arounds for this problem. The work-arounds usually aren't simple, and your present approach will only mitigate the problem a very small amount and will hit a larger problem very soon.

This is the internet, you're free to do what you please until you hit a limit (like the telstra limit you've already hit). You really need someone that understands more about the underlying technology and the internet culture to help you work through this. Just trying a "brute force" fix for the problem won't get you very far and I'll bet that it will leave you in a bad place.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Pat, your response is the only thing that is or can be construed as 'offensive'. I also detest spammers and NO I am not one. This was actually a legitmate request for assistance to overcome a problem that hinders my businees needs. Typically your input fails miserably. Thanks for nothing. Don't bother wasting my time replying as anything further you could add is not respected.

As I'm sure that you've noted by now, I'm the only person here at DBForums and very probably the only person anywhere that was even willing to try and help you. You find people trying to assist you "offensive", which I find funny and educational. Your response to my attempts demonstrates why Telestra is unwilling to help you.

-PatP

Quote Originally Posted by Steve58 View Post
    Pat, your response is the only thing that is or can be construed as 'offensive'.
    I disagree, Pat handled your request actually quite politely. Considering the nature of your request, maybe you should join a hacking/spamming community forum or earn the trust of someone here. Like Pat said, this information shouldn't be posted publicly, otherwise what is to keep a spammer from googling it and then defeating the anti-spam constraints that telsra has in place also.
    I also detest spammers and NO I am not one.
    How can I or anyone else believe you? I am not a human, I am actually an artificial intelligence program devised by the greatest man on earth. The greatest con I have pulled was making him believe that I was him.
    Typically your input fails miserably. Thanks for nothing. Don't bother wasting my time replying as anything further you could add is not respected.
    I have to RESPECTFULLY disagree.

Before you get your panties in a wad, maybe you should take a step back and actually think about the responses that Pat gave instead of getting all pissy that he didn't just hand over the key to the backdoor on an anti-spam policy with no questions asked.

This was actually a legitmate request for assistance to overcome a problem that hinders my businees needs.
    Are you in the business of sending SPAM?
    Life - sexually transmitted, always fatal.

My beer drunken soul is sadder than all the dead christmas trees in the world.

One workaround would be to invest in a loft of courier pigeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Legg View Post
    One workaround would be to invest in a loft of courier pigeons.
    That's a pretty sh*tty suggestion.

I suspect Colin was referencing this

The thread was getting heated and since it is in the "chit-chat" sub-forum, a light-humoured, abstract (yet on-topic) remark - whilst obviously too cryptic for some - seemed quite reasonable to me.

Me too. This thread was dead after the OP's third post.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump View Post
    Me too. This thread was dead after the OP's third post.
    I'd argue the thread was dead after the OP's first post...

That said, I hereby re-purpose this thread for waterfowl jokes and obscure Monty Python references.

Speaking of pigeons, what do you suppose the flight speed of a laden pigeon might be? For some reason I'm craving coconut.
    oh yeah... documentation... I have heard of that.

*** What Do You Want In The MS Access Forum? ***

African or European?

Neee!

-PatP