Unanswered: Oracle streams replication table structure

I have a situation where I would have to add an index to the apply side table where the index does not exist for the capture side table. Do I have to create index on both side OR if I create only on apply side, the streams would be able to replicate data. This is for Oracle11g streams which is already in production.

Quote Originally Posted by jains9999 View Post
    I have a situation where I would have to add an index to the apply side table where the index does not exist for the capture side table. Do I have to create index on both side OR if I create only on apply side, the streams would be able to replicate data. This is for Oracle11g streams which is already in production.
    jains,

this should be no problem according to the documentation (Haven't tried it yet, and definitely will not try it on my production system ).

***BUT***

You didn't mention your Oracle release

If you are on 9i or 10g, I wouldn't put it into production without heavily testing it before.
    In those releases, streams isn't as stable as Oracle (and the DBAs) would it like to be, especially when it comes to heavy duty OLTP loads.
    The maintaining of an additional index on the apply side out of the replication context might be the straw that breaks the camels back ...

I didn't have any problems with streams on 11.1 (at least up to now)
    "There is always an easy solution to every problem - neat, plausible, and wrong."
    -- H.L. Mencken

I am sorry for not mentioning the release. It is Oracle 11.1. So as per your advise, there would be no problems. I appreciate the answer. Thanks, Sanjay Jain.