Unanswered: IBM Object Comparison Tool

Hi,

Currently I'm using BMC ChangeManager for DB2 tool, which is very good tool for DB2 object migrations. We plan to switch to IBM Object Comparison Tool. Does anyone of you used this tool and what do you think of it? Does it provide the same functionality as ChangeManager for DB2.

If someone used both tools please write the differences between them. My first impression is that Object Comparison Tool is not as good as ChangeManager for DB2

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Jacek

To be more specific I'm working on zOS 1.9, DB2 V8.
    I didn't find any other tool for automation of DB2 structures migration

Provided Answers: 5
    There are a few others that you should be able to find, try CA, Compuware, Quest, Embarcadero?, maybe NEON. They all do the same thing, though they all do it a bit differently and its something to get used to. I know of a shop years ago switched from BMC to Platinum and all the DBA's had a fit. Then a couple years ago they were told they were going back to BMC and they had a fit again. I can say there are different little features in each of the tools that I like better and wish it was in the current set of products that I am using. It mostly has to do with you get comfortable with a process and then it changes. If you sent this question to the DB2-L on idug.org, you'd probably get responses from several vendors offering to come demo their products for you.
    Dave

Thanks for the information. I will look at those other tools, but probably we will move to IBM's Object Comparison Tool, the decision is almost set.
    Do you know anything about this tool? Generally I would like to know whether anyone uses it We lastly got IBM's Optim tool for archivisation, and it occured that there were a lot of problems, as almost nobady uses it on zOS. Therefore I would like to confirm that Object Comparison Tool is usable. As I know is not so flexible as ChangeManager for DB2, but should have all the functionality.

Thanks again for your reply.

Does anyone of you uses IBM's Object Comparison Tool for DB2 migrations on zOS? Please let me know.