Unanswered: user in control center

did not use Control Center before. trying to use CC to connect to a database on a server(db2 v9.5 on AIX 6.1). i can see the database and tables (and other objects) in it but when I try to create a new table or drop a table it says i am connected with my userid (e.g. johnsmith). I want to connect as a user DBA. And for some reason i can not change it (right click on database

Is there a way to set it so when I am using Control Center I am always logged on as DBA?
    DB2 9.5/9.7 on Unix/AIX 6.1/Linux

Provided Answers: 5
    Are you connecting locally on the server? If so, login in with the appropriate user before loading the CC. An alternative is to use CC from remote.

Andy

I had another thought. I do not know AIX, but you might be able to do "su -c=db2cc <dbauserID>"

Andy

I have db2 express-C installed on my laptop under my userid (johnsmith) so I start it from my pc's desktop. I don't start it using db2cc command on my AIX session. db2cc command on AIX does not work.

If you are connecting from your laptop to the AIX server, then when you try to access anything in the database, it should ask for a login. Here you should use the DBA user.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner View Post
    If you are connecting from your laptop to the AIX server, then when you try to access anything in the database, it should ask for a login. Here you should use the DBA user.

Andy
    so I did enter DBA (tried 'dba' userid as well) and the error is 'Wrong UserID/Password entered!' Though I use the same userid and pw as when I log on AIX.
    are there any DAS settings which might affect this?
    Do I need to explicitely create an instance, catalog a node and database so I could connect to the database on db server (same way I connect from appl. server on AIX to db server on AIX)?

All you have to do on your laptop is to catalog the Node of the AIX server and then catalog the database there.

Andy