Unanswered: One-to-many relationship question

I'm in the midst of my database, and due to poor planning, I am now realizing that I need another table, and to create a one-to-many relationship between the table that I already have and the new table. I had been inputting "test" data into the old table, so it's pretty much filled with garbage right now, and when the database was functional, I planned on deleting the table and remaking a blank, yet identical, table to it. That would reset my autonumber field and get rid of all the garbage records. However, my question is, if the relationship has already been made between the two tables, would that be affected or would it pick up the same relationship with the new, identical table?

If it is affected, how would you recommend going about doing this? I need some records in the first table to be able to make a relationship to the second, so I can't really remake the first table and then make the second, unless I add entries. I don't have "real" data to input yet.

I hope someone responds and says it won't be a problem, but I'm just anticipating that it may. Any help is greatly appreciated.

There is no problem. Once you are ready to use your database live, delete all of the records in the table and Compact and Repair the database. The Autonumber field should be reset.

nice. thanks.