Thread: DB2 Doubts

Unanswered: DB2 Doubts

Hi,

I am having following doubts:

1) In cobol batch program having CHECHPOINT and RESTART facility.Suppose In porgram after opening cursor with hold and retrieving some row batch job abends.
    If I restart program,do I need to open cursor again?

2) A table is partitioned with table controlled and one cluster index is created on table.Then for each partition,the rows will placed in partitined key order or clutster index key order?

3) A table controlled partitioning has been implemented on single column,
    can we update partitioning column?

4) A index controlled partitioning has been implemented on single column,
    can we update partitioning column?

5) what is the use of Data partitining secondary index over normal index?

6) what is BUILD2 phase and how Data partitining secondary index is related to it?

7) If we give crete table command,embeded in program and later issued ROLLBACK statement,then the created table will deleted or marked as invalid?

Quote Originally Posted by denisvenis View Post
    1) In cobol batch program having CHECHPOINT and RESTART facility.Suppose In porgram after opening cursor with hold and retrieving some row batch job abends.
    If I restart program,do I need to open cursor again?
    IMS/BMP I persume?
    Yes, you do need to open the cursor again. The program should recognize that it is in a re-start situation. It is good practice to store the "last comitted key value" in your IMS region. Then you know where to (re)start.

Provided Answers: 5
    Hi Denis,
    Here is my contact info to speak with me about hiring me to come teach a class at your location. dav1mo@yahoo.com

Dave