Unanswered: LookUp Fields and SQL Server

I am planning ahead for a conversion to SQL Server later this year. I have used many LookUp fields in my database design.

I know there are difficulties maintaining these LookUp field attributes from within SQL Server. I think you have to be using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2005 in order to maintain them within Access, or have to manually know the format and parameters to type into SQL Server.

Would you consider it best practice to NOT use LookUp fields if the database is large and I know I am going to convert to SQL Server?

Thanks for any thoughts you can provide on this.

Lookup fields are proprietary to Access. Advice would typically be don't even use them for Access, let alone a backend on another RDBMS. Get rid and enforce integrity with standard relational foreign keys.
    The Access Web - The Evils of Lookup Fields in Tables

Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump View Post
    Lookup fields are proprietary to Access. Advice would typically be don't even use them for Access, let alone a backend on another RDBMS. Get rid and enforce integrity with standard relational foreign keys.
    The Access Web - The Evils of Lookup Fields in Tables
    I hate troubleshooting tables which have lookup fields in them! I wish it was a feature MSAccess never allowed.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)