Unanswered: Access 2002 not deleting entities

Morning all,
    Anyone else ever had a problem with Access not actually removing an entity after deletion.

I had a number of one function modules that I decided to combine into a single module as they were all related to each other in one way or another. Now I've got two modules that just will not go away. Can't rename them, if you click on them to see the code behind them Access kicks up its "Not a valid name" error...so they're gone...but, they're not.

I've tried compact/repairing, decompiling/compact/repairing, rebooting the machine and they're still there.

Any ideas? I suppose if worse comes to worse I can restore from my Friday backup and lose a couple hours work, but, obviously I'd prefer not to have to do that.

Thanks,

Sam, bah, friggin Mondays
    Good, fast, cheap...Pick 2.

Provided Answers: 14
    Try to create a new mdb and to import all the objects from the current one into it (avoiding the modules that cause problems, of course).
    Have a nice day!

Yeah, after doing some more diggin on various search engines, it appears that that db got corrupted, so I restored from Friday's backup and imported the forms/tables I'd made then.

So far so good.

Thanks,

Sam

Yeah - MSAccess tends to get kind of corrupted when it finds functions/modules named the same. I especially noticed this problem when I had 2 versions of MSAccess on the same computer and imported duplicate modules/functions (and then wrote some code without debug/compiling immediately after importing.)

I always do a search for a function with the same name before designing it on some of the mdb's which have a lot of functions in them and I haven't been in it for a while.

I found that it's a fairly quick task though to create a new mdb and then import all the objects/re-link the tables. This also seems to help performance of the mdb for some reason if a lot of designing is redone.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Morning,

LoL that's what threw me for a loop, nothing's named the same, after that concern I had last year, I go to great pains to avoid name collisions.

(I think) What happened was we got a nasty lil surprise tstorm here Friday afternoon and power flickered while I was working in the db, not enough to actually shut the computer down, but, it also hosed Thunderbird (eMail client).

Ahh well, thankfully I only lost in total about 25 minutes worth of work, everything else was exportable to one of my backups of the db.

Thanks again,

Sam

As a rule of habit, before I open any mdb to make changes, I always first make a copy of the mdb file (since it takes 2 seconds to do and can save days of restore work). I'll do this again after making many critical changes. That way I only lose a couple of hours of coding at the most should power suddenly cut out and the mdb becomes unusable.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)