Unanswered: Dlookup question - Between dates?

Hello,

I'm having another dlookup issue...not sure how to get this one. What I have is a table (tbl_EmployeeTable) with fields (EmployeeName, Q Number, Q Num Start Date, Q Num End Date) and a form (frm_Packer) with fields OrigPacker, ScanDate).

I use this and it reurns the first name, but I want it to return the name where field [ScanDate] is between [Q Num Start Date] and [Q Num End Date]

=DLookUp("[EmployeeName]","[tbl_EmployeeTable]","[Q Number] = '" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![OrigPacker] & "'")

Here is what I tried, and it gave "The expression you entered has an invalid date value."
    =DLookUp("[EmployeeName]","[tbl_EmployeeTable]","[Q Number] = '" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![OrigPacker] & "'" And [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] Between #" & [tbl_EmployeeTable]![Q Num Start Date] & #" And "# & [tbl_EmployeeTable]![Q Num End Date] & "#")

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

I realized I was formatting fields in my table as date so I deleted that and this takes, but returns a #Name error.

=DLookUp("[EmployeeName]","[tbl_EmployeeTable]","[Q Number] = '" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![OrigPacker] & "'" And "# & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & #" Between [Q Num Start Date] And [Q Num End Date])

Provided Answers: 6
    Try

=DLookUp("[EmployeeName]","[tbl_EmployeeTable]","[Q Number] = '" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![OrigPacker] & "' And [Q Num Start Date] <= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "# AND [Q Num End Date] >= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "#")
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by pbaldy View Post
    Try

=DLookUp("[EmployeeName]","[tbl_EmployeeTable]","[Q Number] = '" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![OrigPacker] & "' And [Q Num Start Date] <= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "# AND [Q Num End Date] >= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "#")
    This sort of works...the only problem is, if an employee is still working here, the field [Q Num End Date] will be blank, so if there is no end date the return value is blank.

So add

OR [Q Num End Date] Is Null

to the end date test and surround those 2 in parentheses.
    Paul

So add

OR [Q Num End Date] Is Null

to the end date test and surround those 2 in parentheses.
    Did you mean like this? I probably don't understand, cuz this doesn't work....

=DLookUp("[EmployeeName]","[tbl_EmployeeTable]","[Q Number] = '" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![OrigPacker] & "' And [Q Num Start Date] <= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "# AND ([Q Num End Date] >= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "#")OR ([Q Num End Date] Is Null))

Try

=DLookUp("[EmployeeName]","[tbl_EmployeeTable]","[Q Number] = '" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![OrigPacker] & "' And [Q Num Start Date] <= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "# AND ([Q Num End Date] >= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "# OR [Q Num End Date] Is Null)")
    Paul

Try

=DLookUp("[EmployeeName]","[tbl_EmployeeTable]","[Q Number] = '" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![OrigPacker] & "' And [Q Num Start Date] <= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "# AND ([Q Num End Date] >= #" & [Forms]![frm_Packer]![ScanDate] & "# OR [Q Num End Date] Is Null)")
    Perfect.

Thank you so much!!

No problem, glad we got it sorted out.
    Paul