Red face Unanswered: Error while sending mail using CDO configuration and Message

Hi All,

I have written a code for sending mail to the users of the same domain, where my site is hosted. The code is working fine with my local IIS server but when I deployed my site to host server, then it creates problem.

below are my code

Const sch = "http://schemas.microsoft.com/cdo/configuration/"

Set cdoConfig = CreateObject("CDO.Configuration")

With cdoConfig.Fields
    .Item(sch & "sendusing") = 2 ' cdoSendUsingPort*
    .Item(sch & "smtpserver") = "smtp.example.com"
    .Item(sch & "smtpserverport") = 25
    .Item(sch & "smtpauthenticate") = 1
    .Item(sch & "sendusername") = "xxx.xxxxx" 'I have also used like "xx.xxxxx@example.com"
    .Item(sch & "sendpassword") = "xxxx" ' This is the password I given for this user
    .Item(sch & "smtpconnectiontimeout") = 60
    .Update
    End With

Set cdoMessage = CreateObject("CDO.Message")

With cdoMessage
    Set .Configuration = cdoConfig
    .From = "xx.xxxxx@example.com"
    .To = "yy.yyyyy@example.com"
    .Subject = strSub
    .TextBody = "Test Mail"
    .AddAttachment "c:\a.txt"
    .Send
    End With
    Set cdoMessage = Nothing
    Set cdoConfig = Nothing

Problem that I am facing with the above code::

#1. If I use the exactly the same code then it gives me the following error :: error '80040211'
    /workingHere/career_thanks.asp, line 180 which is basically at .Send method.

#2. Now if I remove/comment out the following code from the above written code
    .Item(sch & "smtpauthenticate") = 1
    .Item(sch & "sendusername") = "xxx.xxxxx" 'I have also used like "xx.xxxxx@example.com"
    .Item(sch & "sendpassword") = "xxxx" ' This is the password I given for this user

it gives the error
    error :: error '8004020e'
    /workingHere/career_thanks.asp, line 177 which is also at same place .Send method.

#3. Now if I change the smtpserver as localhost then it does not gives any error but the user does not receive the mail.

#4. If I change the smtpserver as Localhost and change the value of .To field as ccccc@gmail.com, then it works.

I am not able to figure out, what is the problem and how can I resolve it, so I have a humble request that any one have any idea then Please help me because I have already waste my 4 working day but didn't get any clue. so any response will highly appreciate.

Thank you

Regards

Ashish

Provided Answers: 1
    It is highly likely that example.com resolves to both an internal and external IP address at the same time, depending upon which side of the firewall you are on.