Unanswered: Pervasive v8.5/v7.0 compatibility issue.

I support a legacy app based on PSQL 7 btrieve. Recently, the client installed PSQL v8.5 with the default v8.x file formats without checking with me. Since then, they have experienced a lot of "traceback" errors which kick them out of the app. Does anyone know if the switch to v8.x formats could be the cause of the increased number of fatal errors?

Provided Answers: 4
    File format of the data files shouldn't cause problems especially if the files were not recreated. PSQL won't convert an existing file to a new format unless the user uses the rebuild utility (or BUTIL). The File Format setting is for new files.
    Are the errors PSQL / Btrieve errors? If so, post them. Is there anything in the PVSW.LOG file on the server?
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

Installing Pervasive SQL v7 - Standalone

I'm trying to install Pervasive SQL - workstation but errors occured upon the installion and these are 1) An error occured while creating the folder and items (-1 ); 2) Unable to create Pervasive.SQL program folders; 3) Portions of the Pervasive.SQL install were not run. Please advise what to do to fix the error.

@adumange,
    You really should start a new thread. In that thread, post the symptoms you are having as well as the operating system you are installing on and the version of PSQL you are installing.
    I haven't seen some of the types of errors you describe in quite a while and don't want to suggest fixes until I know what version you are installing.
    Mirtheil Software

@mirtheil
    I'm trying to install Pervasive SQL version 7 in Windows XP Professional version2002

You really should start a new thread. In that thread, post the symptoms you are having (including the exact error message) as well as the operating system you are installing on and the version of PSQL you are installing.

I am closing this thread. If you want to continue, start new thread with the information above.
    Mirtheil Software