Unanswered: Best book for learning Oracle stored procedures?

In your opinion, what is the best book to get to become an Oracle stored procedure guru?

I know SQL itself pretty well, but I find myself confused about things like whether I can use a DECLARE section in a stored procedure, the uses for ref cursors, returning data from a stored procedure to Java, etc.

I come from a SQL Server background and I find Oracle's PL/SQL syntax awkward. Maybe if I studied up on it some more I would feel differently.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Also

give me your email address and i will email you all the Tom Kyte's books in pdf format .

as well as some other oracle press books

(give me your email address = email me at mishaalsy@yahoo.ca

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mishaalsy View Post
    give me your email address and i will email you all the Tom Kyte's books in pdf format .
    as well as some other oracle press books

(give me your email address = email me at mishaalsy@yahoo.ca
    That offer is illegal

pardon me ? lending a book i bought to my neighbor is illegal ? or even giving it for free , so he can give away to another and soon the whole town have read it ?

search 4shared.com, you may find almost all the book offered at amazon.com .

why cant they be eliminated ? as tom kyte have said , sharing websites do not recognize the authority neither publication policies which they try to impose . why ? because they simply are not applciable

i beg your pardon ,

Reviewer: Fh.syed from pakistan

Sir,
    with all due respect , kindly tell me do you approve this ?

4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download Expert one-on-one ORACLE by Tom Kyte.zip
    I have found it to moments ago , could'nt let myself downloading it.

Regards
    fhsyed

Followup October 30, 2009 - 10am Central time zone:
    well, it is given away for free with expert oracle database architecture.. It is a bit long in the tooth - it was 8.1.7 and before.

We are working on the update to expert oracle database architecture right now to bring it up to 11g Release 2.

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by mishaalsy View Post
    pardon me ? lending a book i bought to my neighbor is illegal ?
    Not for a physical book, but for electronic books this is illegal, because you are essentially copying the file (unless you delete it as long as the other person reads it).

search 4shared.com, you may find almost all the book offered at amazon.com
    Just because it's available does not mean it's legal.

It's the same problem with "sharing" DVDs, music or software.
    Just because it is not enforced or not possible to enforce doesn't make this legal.

You are violating the copyright and intellectual properties if you do.

Unless the book (or software or movie or song or ...) has been explicitely put into the "public domain" or the author has (explicitely) given you the right to copy them it stays illegal. It's the same as taking a book out off a bookstore without paying.

And besides: the authors put a lot of effort into writing the books (the software, the movie, the song) and if you like the book it's more than fair that they get their compensation for the hard work.

You want to get paid for your work as well, don't you?