Thread: Maximize Form

Unanswered: Maximize Form

To All--

What I'd like to do is maximize a form within Access. Then actually size the form itself to fit the entire window. The reason for this is so that I can then dynamically move some controls on the form to be flush with the bottom.

I'm able to maximize the form and resize it...sort of. It seems like it's off by the amount of the height of the toolbars. Does anyone know how to calculate the height of the currently displayed toolbars?

I've looped through all the commandbars and calculated their height but it's like I need to convert that number to twips, pixels or something. I can't seem to figure out that part.

C

OK so actually writing down the problem sometimes helps. I was calculating the height of the toolbars in pixels but I was getting the height of the form in twips. I converted the pixels to twips and all is good.

C

OK - spoke too soon. Still can't get it to work.

Does anyone know how to calculate the interior of the open window not including toolbars, status bar, etc?

I want to maximize the form, resize the detail section of the form to fit the window so that I can move a control to be flush with the bottom.

C

Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)