Unanswered: Format for 4-digit year

I want my form to allow users to enter a 4-digit year, with the default value of the current year.

I presume that a Date format is not appropriate for this, so how do I get a Number format to display the current year?

Mike

Provided Answers: 59
    use a date format, but select the appropriate format mask (something like 'long date')
    or use a date/calendar control

don't use a numeric format, unless you really really have to. chose a datatype that most closely matches your, and the data's requirement so dates in date/time, text in string/char/text, intergers in the appropriately sized integer type.... understand the difference between the various floating datatypes.. use decimal or currency as appropriate
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

Quote Originally Posted by healdem View Post
    use a date format, but select the appropriate format mask (something like 'long date')
    I did try that, but entering "2010" results in "22 Jun 1905" because I presume that is 2010 days after 01 Jan 1900

After some more playing, and with the data type set to Number and the default value for the form field set to = Format(Date(), "yyyy") I get the result I wanted.