Unanswered: Changing from circular to archive logging (with TSM)

I have a number of databases (on AIX) that I need to change the logging from circular to archive (backing up to TSM).

I'm not sure I will always have the space to do the offline backup to the server that is hosting the database.

Outside of asking for more disk space, can a database using circular logging backup to TSM?

The client node is in place and a colleague has checked the configuration of TSM and believes that the only sticking point is someone installed new databases and didn't configure them to hook into TSM.

I have a development environment so I can try it anyway, but if anyone has any hints they would be gratefully received.

Not sure what you mean by "didn't configure them to hook into TSM." ..

once you set up the tsm enviornment variables (usually using the sqllib/userprofile file), stop start the db2 instance and you are ready to go

db2 backup database dbname use tsm
    Visit the new-look IDUG Website , register to gain access to the excellent content.

Quote Originally Posted by sathyaram_s View Post
    (1) Not sure what you mean by "didn't configure them to hook into TSM." ..

(2) once you set up the tsm enviornment variables (usually using the sqllib/userprofile file), stop start the db2 instance and you are ready to go

(3) db2 backup database dbname use tsm
    Breaking your reply into 3 if I may.

(1) Sorry, I am quite new to this and my handover for these databases was someone pointing their finger at me and saying "it's your responsibility now"

Looking at your answer, I believe I meant they hadn't done (2), but that has been fixed now.

(3) I thought that was it, but it's comforting to hear it from someone with more experience say it as well!!

Thanks for the input.

For archive logging you have to set the logarchmeth-Parameter:
    update db cfg for <DATABASE> using logarchmeth1 TSM

If you have your logs in a seperate Filesystem, plan some additional disk-space for outages of the TSM-Sever.

I have followed all your advice on the first development server and everything is now working as required.

Thank you for taking the time to help.