This is a full time, on-site, salaried position located in Columbia, MD paying $100,000 to $130,000 + benefits. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates preferred. Relocaters considered. No telecommuting. Thank you.
My client was born on September 4th 1997. In just over a decade, and with no outside financing, they have grown to over forty employees. Many are leading figures in web development and Internet architectures. In early 2008, they developed the world’s fastest mail transfer agent which has quickly become a leader in its sector.
My client's Data Management team is looking to recruit an intelligent, dedicated, and ambitious Database Administrator. This is one of the few opportunities to manage a good portion of the largest PostgreSQL installs on the planet.
Bringing thorough database management expertise and execution to our clients’ Internet-facing operations is your task — big, fast, and reliable systems where every aspect of good administration comes into play.
This job is not for the faint of heart. This is hard. This is opportunity. You make a difference every day. You will grow in this position like in no other position. If you don't grow, you'll fail. Think of it like any other fun and challenging job you've had — now remove the margin for error.
* Collaborate on a tightly-knit operations team to select and implement technology solutions for a variety of business and technical problems.
* Design and review data models and complex stored procedure implementations.
* Develop thorough monitors (both systemic and business) for production services.
* Work with well-respected leaders in the community and work to become one yourself.
* Manage database systems change control.
* Implement backup and disaster recovery policies.
* Troubleshoot database failures and perform disaster recovery.
* Work with developers and other engineers to improve the design and implementation of their work product to improve robustness, reliability, and scalability.
* Participate in an incident response and remediation on-call rotation.
* Expert PostgreSQL DBA experience.
* Basic administration knowledge at least one of: Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris.
* Fluency working in a UNIX/UNIX-like environment (ssh, sh, tar, find, grep, etc.).
* Familiarity with the Subversion version control system or equivalent.
* Sound database theory (preferably relational algebra).
* Query tuning and understanding of typical web application architectures.
* Intolerance for not learning something new every day.
Please submit your resume (preferably in MS-Word) and your salary requirements to beau[AT]open-source-staffing.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing Open Source Staffing