This is a full time, on-site, salaried position in New York City paying $85,000 to $110,000 + benefits. Possibly more $ for a super ninja! US Citizens or green card holders only please. Local candidates preferred. Thank you.
Job duties include:
* Support operations in a high-throughput production environment by proactively managing the performance, integrity, and security of all relevant databases and database servers.
* Setup, monitor, and maintain disaster recovery solutions for production databases.
* Design, create and maintain highly available and secure SQL Server database instances.
* Create databases and database objects such as tables, indexes, views, triggers, and stored procedures.
* Create and maintain customized database reports and perform data analysis.
* Assist in the management of the hardware and software as it relates to DB operations, including system development, maintenance, and recommendations of purchases of new hardware and software.
* Perform under limited supervision, maintain reliability of data and databases, and assist in developing and implementing standards for database maintenance and configuration.
* Responsible for synchronizing and migrating data and database objects between development, quality assurance, and production environments.
* Mentor and provide support to Software Applications Developer in best practices for database design, programming, and tuning.
* Work as a member of the technology team to assist in providing maximum availability and support of information technology systems.
* 5+ years of database administration preferably in the mobile, advertising or web 2.0 domain
* Proven experience in working with highly scalable solutions that received high traffic or maintained a significantly large user base
* B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, engineering or a related technical field
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume (preferably in MS-Word) and your salary requirements to beau[AT]open-source-staffing.com
Beau J. Gould
Open Source Staffing Open Source Staffing