Unanswered: SUBFORM IN CONTINUOUS FORM with TOtal function

I've been beating my brains out on this for quite awhile. I have a subform attached to the mainform in continuous form. I inserted a text box at the footer bound to subform which returns a SUM calculation (=SUM(txtSubTotalAmt) but when i set it to the form view i got an error. I tried the dSUM function but still i got an error. I know there might be problem somewhere between the subform or in the continuous form but i cant figure out which one is giving the error. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Provided Answers: 14
    Try something like this:

Table: Table_1
    Columns: Item (Text), Amount (Number)

SubForm: SubForm_1, DataSource: Table_1
    In SubForm Footer: Text_Total (TextBox), ControlSource: =DSum("Amount";"Table_1")

If you want to have the total on the parent form (whatever the DataSource of the subform can be):

Form: Form_1
    In Form_1: Child_SubForm_1 (Subform), SourceObject: SubForm_1
    In Form_1: Text_Total (TextBox), ControlSource: =Child_SubForm_1.Form.Text_Total.Value)
    Have a nice day!

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot . . it worked!

The problem on subform in continuous form with a TOTAL function has been solved already (thank you very much!). For example: I have a main form which contains the name of the costumer and a subform which contains the goods he purchsed with a total function at the footer like the one I stated above. Now I want all the fields be cleared with records from the mainform and subforn when I click the "add new record" at the navigation button. Please help!