Provided Answers: 6

Unanswered: SSIS. How I loathe thee. Let me count the ways.

So in my job history in the the SQL Agent I have this lovely little error...

" Description: The file name "\\Myserver\MyFileShare\StupidSSISLog.log" specified in the connection was not valid. End Error Error: 2010-04-25 21:10:32.56 Code: 0x00000001.

However when I open this exact file this stupid ssis package wrote a lot of stuff to this log file that it says is not there.

what up wit 'dat? momentary network issue?
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 11
    Usually, this is related to the SQL Agent service permissions. Do they have it set up with a domain account that has permissions to write to the log location? And who do they have set up as the proxy account for the job (if any)?

Provided Answers: 6
    That looks ok to me. I am going to let it run again tonight and see what happens. I think this might have been a network hiccup. The package ran fine on Saturday with my test batch and only barfed yesterday.
    “If one brings so much courage to this world the world has to kill them or break them, so of course it kills them. The world breaks every one and afterward many are strong at the broken places. But those that will not break it kills. It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially. If you are none of these you can be sure it will kill you too but there will be no special hurry.” Earnest Hemingway, A Farewell To Arms.

Provided Answers: 11
    Could also be that someone rebooted \\Myserver. You should probably look into when this box was last patched to see if Automatic Updates is messing with you.